Share your Afghanistan in a single shot
Single Shot Cinema uses one shot to communicate the essence of how a place feels to be lived in. We want to experience your Afghanistan as you are seeing, hearing, and feeling it.
Shoot one shot
Use your phone to shoot one shot of an Afghan situation, activity, place, or moment in time, that visualizes your feelings, concerns, hopes, fears, excitements, or disappointments.
● Record real things, this is documentary filmmaking, not directed or performed activities.
● Record the real sound only, don’t narrate or try to explain what you are filming while filming it.
● Hold the camera still except to follow the action of the situation you are filming.
● This is not an interview.
● Don’t edit what you shoot.
Women from throughout the country and filmmakers from the provinces are highly encouraged to submit their videos.
Submissions will be reviewed by an international panel of judges. Selected shots will be awarded 25,000AFN.
● Submit up to ten shots for review by the panel.
● Only shots selected by the judges will be awarded.
Questions: Basir Bita, 078-735-5929, 079-338-5122, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline Extended: Open now and reviewed on an ongoing basis until August 31, 2021.
Look-Listen-Local: Afghanistan 21
Winning films will be part of Community Supported Film’s effort to amplify Afghan views and voices as the country faces increasing violence, poverty and migration and the international community disengages.