View and download the CSFilm Internship description!
Administrative and Communications Internship
Description: Community Supported Film is looking for an intern to play a key role in helping this young organization grow and communicate its mission. Interns will assist with film promotion and distribution; outreach and planning for filmmaking trainings; research; fundraising; and daily operations.
Location: Boston, MA
Learn about and assist with the fundamental activities of a start-up arts organization
• Assist with the maintenance and improvement of administrative systems
• Assist with fundraising, donation tracking and acknowledgments
• Writing and copyediting for various purposes
• Assist with the coordination of screenings, presentations and fundraising campaigns
• Research training, distribution, and fundraising opportunities
Take a leadership role in helping CSFilm develop and implement a media strategy that builds its audience and promotes its activities
• Write blog postings and assist with the maintenance and development of csfilm.org
• Research, develop and maintain the organization’s social media presence
• Identify, build, and maintain relationships with journalists and producers
• Assist with the writing, editing and distribution of press releases and all related correspondence and materials
• Pitch stories and interviews; book CSFilm spokespeople on radio and television; track media hits
• Maintain a communications database
Learn about funders and grant writing
• Research grant opportunities and assist with the drafting of grant applications
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• College degree, near degree completion, or equivalent experience
• Study of and experience with public relations, press outreach and social media
• Administrative capacity
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience with: Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Web technology including but not limited to HTML and WordPress
• Detail oriented with ability to take initiative and carry multiple tasks to completion
• Knowledge of the language of documentary video production and public engagement
• Knowledge of issues of social and economic development
• Video compression and media production for the web
This is an excellent opportunity to help build an organization in its start-up phase.
Learn and see more at www.csfilm.org.
Reports to: Director and Program Assistant
Hours: 10-15 hours per week
Commitment: 3-6 months
Fall Internship: August 1st
Please submit a cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three references to info [at] csfilm dot org with the subject line: Administrative and Communications Internship.
*Applicants without a separate and attached cover letter will not be considered.
About Community Supported Film
CSFilm’s mission as a not-for-profit organization is to integrate training, storytelling and awareness building by:
1. Training storytellers from poor and developing communities in non-fiction filmmaking and assisting them with the development of their careers as filmmakers and video-journalists
2. Producing engaging stories from the trainee’s perspective about important social and economic development issues in their communities. These stories counteract the relentless focus of the western media on battlefronts, crises and disasters.
3. Building a bridge between the community of filmmakers, communities in development, and an international community of concerned citizens. This conversation raises awareness about sustainable paths to a more peaceful and equitable world.
We believe that socioeconomic development and conflict resolution are effective when the challenges and solutions are understood from the local perspective. High quality locally made documentary storytelling provides essential insights, for community members and policymakers, into sustainable paths to a more equitable and peaceful world.
View and Download the CSFilm Internship description!