– Privatization of SOEs has been a cornerstone of the neo-liberal counterrevolution that swept the world from the 1980s following the economic crisis brought about by US Fed’s sharp hike in interest rates. Developing countries, seeking aid from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the World Bank, often had to commit to privatization as a condition for credit support.
First Single Shot Video Contest Winner – Afghanistan21-LookListenLocal
“This video is about street kids because:
• Streets kids are under a lot of mental pressure;
• They lose the chance to get an education;
• The likelihood that they will be recruited by insurgent groups and gangs is high;
• They should play but they work.
There are thousands of kids on the street who make a living by begging, waxing shoes, washing cars and much more.”