Wow! You are simply amazing! We just finished adding up all the donations and pledges. Our total went from $13,775 to $20,123 in the last day of the fundraiser! We can’t thank you enough for your support and encouragement.
If you weren’t able to get your donation
in, please still consider it. We have big plans to expand our mission to train women and men to share their stories so that we can learn from the perspective of poor, developing and conflicted communities about how to effectively and sustainably create a more peaceful and equitable world.
Your generous support is now allowing us to:
- Launch an email and letter writing campaign, in collaboration with the Friends Committee for National Legislation, to pressure Congress, the US military, NATO and the UN to end the war for Afghans as well as the international community and to commit to the long-term stability and development of Afghanistan. This is the dream come true for CSFilm: Afghans trained to make films that share Afghan voices and experiences with concerned and active citizens around the country; We will let you know when this new facet of the Compassion Campaign for Afghan Civilians launches so that you can participate too.
- Create a sustained training and production program for Afghan storytellers to further share their voices and vision for their country’s better future.
- Pursue inquiries we have received these last weeks from Indonesia and Cuba, as well as develop training opportunities in Haiti and Burma;
We couldn’t do any of it without you.
P.S. Gifts of $250 or more will receive a set of new Afghan landscape note cards. See the bottom of the page for sample images.
When you click this “Donate” button your contribution is fully tax deductible and 92% of it goes toward CSFilm’s work. (5% goes to our fiscal sponsor, The Center for Independent Documentary, and 3% to Donation Pay).
If you write a check made out to The Center for Independent Documentary and mail it to CSFilm’s address below, your donation is fully tax-deductible and 95% of it goes toward the work of CSFilm.
NON-TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATION
If you write a check made out to Community Supported Film and mail it to the address below, 100% of your contribution will be used for CSFilm’s work. If you click the donate button below, 97% of your contribution will go to CSFilm (with 3% going to PayPal) – but neither of these options are tax deductible.
Community Supported Film
31 Lenox Street
Boston, MA 02118, USA
While you’re at it why not buy a DVD of the The Fruit of Our Labor, 10 award winning short films, made by our Afghan trainees, that bring to life Afghans’ daily efforts to address their challenging social and economic conditions.
DVDs cost $25 for private use and home screenings and $250 for institutional use and public screening. Learn more here.
Community Supported Film started two years ago to help communities tell their own stories and to provide an unseen perspective on local issues, needs and abilities. We are proud to have done just that in Afghanistan and to have shared Afghans’ experiences through The Fruit of Our Labor screenings and live discussions. We’ve taken Afghan voices to policy-makers, think-tanks and academic institutions, and across the country to activists and community events. These films and conversations are opening eyes, ears and minds to the needs and concerns of Afghan civilians and they are contributing to measurable impact:
- Now, peace groups, politicians, the press and the public are adding Afghan civilians to their list of concerns as the West moves toward disengagement;
- Now, more and more people are acknowledging the moral imperative of working for peace for Afghans as well as an end to the war for the international community;
- Now, Afghan initiated and cost effective, development work is being recognized.
We could not have participated in this process of change without your financial support. But, unfortunately, due to funder uncertainty in Afghanistan and foundation funding cuts here and in Europe, we have not received the institutional support we had hoped for.
Now, Community Supported Film is facing a serious funding shortfall and your support is essential to our survival. We have a big vision and a lot of determination but to continue our work we are depending on the generous financial support of individual donors like yourself. Please give as generously as you can.
Over the last year Community Supported Film has been acknowledged for the quality and integrity of our work. We’ve developed a unique model of training to help communities in crisis and post-crisis to tell their own stories. We’ve developed innovative ways to share these stories, including through our Compassion
Campaign and webinar, to influence public perception and policy. But we can’t continue without your support.
Inspired by the Community Supported Agriculture model, your donation is invested in local documentary training and production and the stories told by local people nourish an understanding of the world that isn’t available in the mainstream market.
Please contribute what you can – $10, $100, $1000 – and we will keep opening eyes, ears and minds, now and for years to come.
P.S. Gifts of $250 or more will receive a set of new Afghan landscape note cards, for example: