Photos of my time with the US military’s Kapisa province Provincial Reconstruction Team (PRT) are courtesy of Captain Darrick Lee, US Air Force Public Affairs Officer. I apologize that many of these photos include me in the shot – but they should give you a sense of a PRT operation. I will write more later.
These photos document:
- Construction of Bolaghain, Malikar and Omar Shahid High Schools
- Koh Band to Durnama Road and “9km” road construction
- Failed attempt to hold women’s training at Al Baruni University
- Kapisa Province governor, ministers, aids, contractors and farmer’s Community Development Council leaders gather for a monthly meeting with PRT commanders and US Department of State and US Agency for International Development representatives
- Mission briefs and debriefs
- Bagram Air Force Base drop off and pickup area, accommodations and bunkers