Your support will:
- Train, mentor and collaborate with local storytellers from underrepresented communities in documentary filmmaking and video-journalism;
- Facilitate their production of powerful stories that visualize and articulate economic and social challenges from the local perspective;
- Build and strengthen distribution networks between local social-issue mediamakers, their communities and an international community of concerned citizens.
Here are some sample international project costs:
- $40/week: Transportation and living stipend for each trainee
- $100/day: Translator
- $250/day: Three local training assistants and a coordinator
- $450/week: One set of production and post-production equipment and supplies
- $4,800: Cost to train one storyteller during the 5-week program during which they produce a film
Thank you for believing in our mission!
TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATION:
Please click this button for a tax deductible donation. 92% of your donation will go toward CSFilm’s work. (5% goes to our fiscal sponsor, The Center for Independent Documentary, and 3% to PayPal).
If you write a check made out to The Center for Independent Documentary and mail it to CSFilm’s address below, your donation is tax-deductible and 95% of it goes toward the work of CSFilm (5% goes to our fiscal sponsor, 0% to PayPal).
NON-TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATION:
Please click this button for a NON tax deductible donation. 97% of your contribution will go to CSFilm (with 3% going to PayPal).
If you write a check made out to Community Supported Film and mail it to the address below. 100% of your contribution will be used for CSFilm’s work. But this is not tax deductible in the US.
Community Supported Film
31 Lenox Street
Boston, MA 02118, USA